4/07/2007

Official Relauch

I've been making noise amongst friends for a while about how I plan to start posting to this blog on a regular basis again, for months now, and it continues to not happen. This fact is probably far more disappointing to me than to any of my friends or to anyone else on the internet, but it still bothers me a lot that I've been so remiss in my bloggerly duties. What I eventually came to realize was that I didn't want to relaunch the blog without some sort of big presentation. The most likely option for such a thing was to create a big post with lots of links to the best of my old, music-oriented blog entries, and to include with it a zip file of a mix featuring songs by all of the bands discussed in said entries. This wouldn't have been a lot of work to contemplate if I still had the internet at home, but I haven't for about half a year now, and the idea of scrounging together 20 or 30 songs from various different sources, getting all of them uploaded to my work computer, and then creating a nicely flowing mix CD, all while trying to get actual work accomplished, was just too much to bear. Therefore, the blog has languished for two months longer than I intended, and no real work has yet been done on the big dramatic relaunch post.

Fortunately, I've grown tired of waiting for myself to come up with the energy and motivation to put all of that together. I've recently begun working on admitting to myself when I have bitten off more than I can chew, and am now doing my level best to scale down any assignments I give myself whenever they appear to fit that particular description. So--in light of that fact, I've decided to stop putting off the relaunch, even if it does mean that the post that heralds it has to be less than dramatic in scale.

A few things will be changing about this blog. First of all, I'm no longer intending to focus solely on music. Music will no doubt still make up the majority of what I post about, but there are other art forms in existence that I both appreciate and study in depth, and I like talking about some of them from time to time. I've decided to go ahead and do that here, which means that this blog will now feature posts about comic books, science fiction novels, pro wrestling (yes, seriously), and any other pop-culture related interests which might buzz around in my head long enough to spur some serious trains of thought. I will be using labels (which appear as hyperlinks below the posts) to distinguish between the different subject matter I post about. I haven't messed with the navigation too much, but presumably, you'll be able to filter my posts by subject matter using these labels.

I'm not trying to post on a daily basis by any means; the time when I had the opportunity to do so was a time when I had an internet connection at home. As mentioned above, I don't have that now. However, I will be trying to post multiple times per week, hopefully at least three. If nothing else, I will make the ironclad rule that there will be one post per week. I'm not going to push myself to create magazine quality articles every time. Back when I was trying to post every day, some of the things I wrote were long and in-depth, and had been revised repeatedly, while others were short, tossed-off first drafts. That will probably continue to be the case.

Anyway, I hope all of you enjoy the new version of the blog. I'll try to make it worth your time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Juan Duque said...

Hey..

i found your blog doing a google search on david gedge in relation to Power Tools. Go figure. Anyway, i enjoyed your writing on the Weddoes of 2 years back. Seamonsters is also my favorite, and i was lucky enough to see them during that tour in nyc, and to meet David for a few moments (he was selling seamosters tee shirts for A DOLLAR!)..

i also once began a blog, and i also have the intentions of beginning to write again, and with things not only of a musical nature, so i enjoyed your recent entry about your frustration at yourself and your impotence at not having internet, as i have just recovered it after more than a month, which for me is an eternity.
Anyhoo
keep it up and i hope you will check out my blog. I write from Medellín, Colombia, so i decided i am going to write some posts in spanish, some in english. The first one is in español, but just you wait. the url is hotshitrecords.blogspot.com

thanks for "listening", and i look forward to reading your blog.

have you ever heard of "kalimán", el santo",,??? (knowing of your panache fer comics and wrestling)..
let me know

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home